Under Georgia law, both parties in a divorce are required to attend a parenting seminar in Georgia if the parties have children under the age of 18. See Uniform Superior Court Rule 24.8. Forsyth County (Cumming) and Cherokee County (Ball Ground, Canton, and Woodstock) are part of the 9th judicial district. The partial October - December 2012 parenting seminar schedule for the 9thjudicial district is as follows:
• Gainesville (New Hall County Courthouse 1st Floor, 225 Green Street SE) - Thursday, October 4, 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Thursday, October 18, 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Thursday, November 1, 5:00pm - 9:00pm;Thursday, November 15, 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Thursday, December 6, 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Thursday, December 20, 5:00pm - 9:00pm
• Canton (RT Jones Memorial Library, 116 Brown Industrial Parkway) - Saturday, October 27, 10:00am - 2:00pm
• Clarkesville (North GA Technical College, Clegg Complex, 1500 Hwy. 197 North) - Friday, October 12, 1:00pm - 5:00pm; Friday, November 9, 1:00pm - 5:00pm; Friday,December 14, 1:00pm - 5:00pm
• Ellijay (Gilmer County Library, 268 Calvin Jackson Drive) - Monday, October 15, 1:00pm - 5:00pm; Tuesday, November 13, 1:00pm - 5:00pm
• Dahlonega (North Georgia College & State University, Continuing Education Building, 25 Schultz Avenue) - Tuesday, October 30, 9:00am - 1:00pm; Wednesday, November14, 9:00am - 1:00pm; Monday, December 10, 9:00am - 1:00pm
• Blairsville (Haralson Civic Center, 165 Welborn Street) - Monday, October 1, 1:00pm - 5:00pm; Monday, November 5, 1:00pm - 5:00pm; Monday, December 3, 1:00pm - 5:00pm
The cost of the seminar is currently $50.00 per person. There is no pre-registration, but you must pay with money order. You can find additional information about these seminars at 9th Judicial Office of Alternative Dispute Resolution website. The schedule is subject to change so please check the website before deciding on a seminar time.